Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I Have Internet Again! PCs Lives Are In Danger Once More...

A book I found nearly unreadable for some reason.  But the title rules!
Well, dear readers, I have made my return to the interwebs.  I trust that you all have fared well.  I have moved for the last time for a while, I hope.  I am back in the same school district with my children again, and hope to perhaps see them a little bit more.  I have also not stopped writing game material.  Expect the rest of those monsters, as well as setting material.  So far, I've decided that Antediluvia shall include dinosaurs in more than "lost world" encounter areas.  They shall be part of the regular, everyday world.

Also, I honestly feel as if I've been cheating on role-playing games as a partner.  I've been spending lots - and I mean lots - of time painting miniatures and putting them together and generally salivating over them in general.  I've even gone so far as to research what wargames exist for fantasy miniatures that are not Warhammer.  As much as I love Citadel Miniatures, I'm not a huge fan of the "monster rulebook syndrome" that Warhammer seems to have.  It's not a system thing, just a rulebook thing for me.  Just as the OSR called my name with its simplicity, I am searching for the same ideas for fantasy wargaming.  Here's the only problem - I am the only one I know who plays hobby games that likes miniatures games (and that kind of comes with being the only one with enough will and skill to paint minis).  I may have to go to the game shop 40 minutes away to try to set up a game!  

Anyhow, just wanted to let y'all know I'm back.  I haven't committed myself to regular posts, but consider this blog dark no longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment