Monday, October 5, 2015

Of Miniatures and Pluck Foam

Lately I have been working on keeping my painted and yet-to-be-painted miniatures safe by working on getting them into the pluck foam trays I bought to fill up the giant army carrier I have.  Yes, the big one, with the handle and wheels.  Looks like an oversize suitcase.

I really underestimated how difficult this would be.  I had dreams of a finely organized minis collection (yeah.... right....) all in their place, and room for paints and supplies.  Little did I realize I would accumulate so many, and still have so many to put together.  I will have to buy more pluck foam trays (like twice as many as I have right now) to fit them all.  It also turns out that I am so determined on getting as many in as possible, that when I leave just one strip of foam between minis, I wind up sweating from the effort of not tearing each strip in two on accident.  Leaves me exhausted.

I will say, however, that it's the absolute best way to protect minis during travel.  Just ask the box of unpainted disasters I tried to protect during my last move.  Many suffer from humpty dumpty syndrome... Meaning I have to put them together all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment